Monday, October 29, 2018

possibilities


Monday, October 29, 2018 (5:31 a.m.)
Blessed God,

It’s the day for a brand new to me adventure. Volunteering in two different dual language immersion classrooms. Thank You for this opportunity Lord.

Thank You for the way in which it all came about. Seemingly out of the blue. Definitely not planned by me. Never even considered actually.

Thank You for the excitement. The possibilities. The hope. There’s a word I didn’t expect to find in this. Hope. Yes, hope.

Thank You Father. I tend to play things safe. Close to my chest. Not risk. And here I am truly putting myself out there. Thank You for leading me to this.

And here I pause to wonder. Was it You doing the leading? One thing seemingly led to another. This door opening unto the next.

Often I jump right into things assuming it’s You I’m following. How I pray this is the case here.

Reading this morning in Proverbs, I am thrilled again by Your provision for each of us. Blessed God, thank You.

Thank You for loving us so much that You sent Your Son to teach and die for us. Thank You for His resurrecting power.

Thank You for Solomon’s valuing of Your wisdom. Illustrated Bible Handbook declares, “The goal of instructions such as is given in Proverbs or other wisdom literature is neither knowledge nor skill, but holiness.”

Father, as I prepare to go off in a new for me direction this morning I ask You to cover me with Your wisdom. Align my will with Yours for me.

The father spoken of in Proverbs 4 refers to wisdom femininely. “Cherish her, and she will help you rise above the confusion of life - your possibilities will open up before you - embrace her, and she will raise you to a place of honor in return” (v. 8).

Mm. Yes Father. Teach me to be wise. Following Your instruction.

I love You and I long to live this day for You. In You. By, with and through You. Empower me in making the choices You would have me make. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(356 words ~ 6:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment