Tuesday, October 30, 2018

elevated


Tuesday, October 30, 2018 (5:31 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Fun was had yesterday.
(7:27 a.m.)
And I’m back.

Along with the fun, there were also some tears of misunderstanding. And a tiny misstep resulting in increasing pain.

Here I sit. Foot elevated. Replaying the events of the day. Gingerly taking steps as necessary. Looking to You. Asking where our time together should lead. To Your Word. Where in Your Word?

Elevated. Luke 1:46-55. Mary’s Magnificat. Her poetic song of praise to You. Having been told that she had been chosen to carry Your Son, her soul magnifies You.

Wow! Can we just take this minute so I can once more say, “Thank You!” Yes. Thank You Father.

I read. Again ♪Blessed Be The Name♪ starts singing to me. And then I read some more.

Look at this… Verse 46. In so many different translations and paraphrases. I find myself caught up in Mary's joy. Thank You Father. Praise You.

Her soul “doth magnify the Lord” (King James Version).

Magnifies and exalts. Extols. Praises the greatness of the Lord. Glorifies. Proclaims. Is overflowing with praise, full of joy. Bursting with God-news; dancing the song. Sings. Declares. Is ecstatic. Lifts up.

Holy God, one little misstep took me to elevating my foot. And here I get to read of how the mother of our Lord and Savior elevated You. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the lessons there are to be learned every single day. We love You so much. We get to choose where we put our focus. Thank You for Mary’s example of putting hers directly on You.

Work in, with, by, through and for me this day that I will be all You designed me to be. Yours. Fully and completely Yours. Use me to Your good and to Your glory. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(316 words ~ 8:14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment