Saturday, October 27, 2018

drawing close to God


Saturday, October 27, 2018 (6:33 a.m.)
Holy God,

There was something I was going to say to You this morning; besides “Thank You”. What was it? Hmmm… Think. Think. Think.

Off hand, I’ve yet to remember.
(6:49 a.m.)

It still hasn’t come to me. I got up. Moved. Took things from here to there. Still nothing. Except maybe, “Forgive me Father”.

Yeah. That’s the one! I had the choice of coming straight to You this morning and I picked the internet instead. Emails. Crossword. Social media. Definitely not the best decision.

Yes. Forgive me Father. Forgive me in so many ways. For so many things.

(7:40 a.m.)

Holy God, I confess to taking You for granted. I start time with You and run off to check on something else. Forgive me I pray.

Reading Your Word; hoping, believing, trusting, I breathe deeply, release my shoulders and nod my head. Thank You Father. There is so very much hope to be found in trusting You.

How I ask You to continue Your work in me Blessed God. Pouring over James 4 this morning I’m wanting to know more. Obey more. Do more. Yes, Father.

I came to this chapter for verse 8. “Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, you hypocrites.” And I stayed through verse 17.

“Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.” The Passion Translation puts it this way, “So, if you know of an opportunity to do the right thing today, yet you refrain from doing it, you’re guilty of sin.”

Work in me Oh Lord. I struggle. Doubt. Second guess. Do all You must in making me obedient to Your will.

I love You Lord. I need You. I absolutely want You. Believe You. Trust You. And here I ask You to  empower and embolden me to following You as You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(338 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment