Wednesday, October 10, 2018

"Behold the beauty of the Lord"


Tuesday, October 9, 2018 (7:17 a.m.)
Mammoth Lakes, CA
Holy God,

Thank You again. The air is crisp. The colors are beautiful. And the sky? Oh let me just say, “Thank You, again!”

We saw stars last night. The likes of which we rarely see. Perhaps the Milky Way? We thought so.

Holy God, we truly get lost in seeing what You’ve created. Our ability to speak fades as we actually behold Your beauty. I don’t think I have ever used the word behold on my own before.

Turning in Your Word I stop at Psalm 27:4 in the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition. I’m not sure if I am making a stretch here or not. Oh but it seems to describe us perfectly.

“One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.”

Mm, yes Father! This one thing we do ask.To experience being so spellbound by Your creation in nature, I absolutely cannot imagine what it will be like in Your actual presence.

On this particular trip, beautiful fish have been caught (and cleaned thank You very much). One spectacularly by a bald eagle in his powerful talons.

We’ve seen a deer and her fawn cross the road (right at a “Horse Crossing” road sign no less). We even saw three stags off to the side that allowed me to understand why people would ever have statues of them in their yards. Beauty Father. The beauty of Your creating.

Thank You for allowing us this opportunity. Continue Your work in us Blessed God. Use us to Your good and to Your glory. Praising You as we have fun. Together. Thank You Father. We love You. Amen.

(327 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment