Tuesday, October 2, 2018

just come


Tuesday, October 2, 2018 (6:36 a.m.)
Holy God,

Hi. I love You. Thank You.

Yes Father. Thank You that I get to just come here and sit in Your presence. Mm, yes. Thank You.

I get to read Psalm 32:8-9 in The Passion Translation; settle in, take comfort and smile. Thank You Father. “I hear the Lord saying, ‘I will stay close to you, instructing and guiding you along the pathway for your life. I will advise you along the way and lead you forth with my eyes as your guide. So don’t make it difficult; don’t be stubborn when I take you where you’ve not been before. Don’t make me tug you and pull you along. Just come with me!’”

Mm, yes. Just come. Thank You Father.

Thank You that we do get to just come with You. Illustrated Bible Handbook says this of “Psalm 32. Confession of sin, and God’s subsequent forgiveness, brings joy. David shares his inner anguish at unconfessed sin (3-5) and the great release which comes when transgressions are brought to the Lord (6-11).”

Inner anguish. Confession of sin. Subsequent forgiveness. Great release. Joy. What a good and mighty God You are. Thank You Father.

Thank You that we get to come before You exactly as we are and You change us. Thank You that Your Word shows us again and again how You would have us live. Honestly. Openly. Willingly.

This morning I ask You to guide and direct us in all You would have us do. Empower us in being ready, willing and able to become the people You designed us to be. We love You Father. We need You. And we truly come to You. Thank You. Amen.
(292 words ~ 7:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment