Thursday, October 25, 2018

on purpose


Thursday, October 25, 2018 (6:00 a.m.)
Holy Blessed God,

Good morning. Thank You Father. Sleep happened. It wasn’t easy but it did finally come. Thank You.

Thank You too for all the thoughts of all the things I was thinking. I confess to You the overwhelm I am feeling Father.

We’ve waited far too long to take care of business around here. Household chores done regularly would have far lessened our work loads now.

Rather than continuing to berate and wish otherwise, I am looking to You Father. Remembering “In all things give thanks” (1Thessalonians 5:18). Yes Father. Yes!

I could drone on and on about the areas in which I lack. Instead I turn to Your Word. And smile. Broadly. Hopefully. Thank You Father.

A word I woke up with this morning was ‘intentional’. On purpose. Deliberate. Mm, yes Father. Truly this is what I ask. Empower me to live and love this day with purpose. Intentionally. Deliberately. Purposefully.

While I am truly feeling overwhelmed by the work load my own neglect has created, I find hope in Your Word. Reading one remembered verse leads to another. Then another. Until I have an entire section speaking to my heart. My soul.

Father, how sincerely I ask You to indeed make it so in me this day.

“Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone” (v. 14). Oh that it would be so Dearest God.

“See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to everyone else” (15). It seems like such a tall order.

“Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. Do not stifle the Holy Spirit” (16-19). How? On purpose. Mindfully. Intentionally.

Again I ask You Blessed Father, do all You must in making me who You want me to be. Loving. Joyful. Peaceful. Patient. Kind. Good. Faithful. Gentle. And self-controlled (Galatians 5:22-23a). I lack Father. You don’t.

I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(372 words ~ 7:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment