Wednesday, October 10, 2018

"Back to You!"


Wednesday, October 10, 2018 (7:59 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. We’re home. Safely. Thank You very much! And I’m feeling just a little bit off.

One moment I have all this excitement and momentum and the very next I’m filled with enormous self doubt. About almost every decision I stand to make.

So here I am instead. Looking to You. Asking You to guide and settle my thoughts back to You. Mm, yes Father. Back to You!
(8:26 a.m.)
Oh You know me so well!

Here I sit. Attempting to detangle my thoughts and feelings. I turn to You. Your Word. Your Truth. And the overall sense of peace settles in. Then flits off again as I consider all I am not.

I love You Father. I thank You. I want You. I need You. And I am asking You to enable and empower me in doing what I believe You are calling me to do. Give!

Yes Father. I’m reading about the importance of giving. And I confess to You how very reluctant I am to give. I tend to save. Keep. Harbor. Clutch. Cling. Clench. Grip.

So here again I ask You to make me willing. Ready me. I’m again struggling with knowing, believing and desperately wanting to give. All the while keeping my hands tightly closed.

Father, I love You. My heart comes back to wanting to be a good steward. Yet fearing making a mistake. I need Your presence with me. Your guidance. Your power. Your strength. Giving is out of my character. Out of my comfort zone. Work with me I pray.

Reading in Illustrated Bible Handbook I am intrigued. Hopeful. Desiring. “2 Corinthians Chapter 8, 9. Giving under the New Covenant Giving Encouraged; 8:1-7. Giving Explained; 8:8-9:5. Benefits of Giving; 9:6-15.

The apostle Paul encouraged the Corinthians to be like the churches of Macedonia. Although gripped in poverty they were eager to give to cover the needs of their brothers. I want to be like that Father. Cheerful in giving (2 Corinthians 9:7).

Work in me I pray Dearest Dad. You’ve taught me much though the years. How better to love. Forgive. Trust. Hope. Now this. Make me a cheerful giver I ask.

♪Freely, freely you have received - Freely, freely give; Go in my name and, because you believe, Others will know that I live.”♪ (Matthew 10:8). Yes Father. Please.

Do all You must to change this heart of mine from stockpiling to giving. Freely. No strings attached. Cheerfully. With great abandon.

Right here in The Life Recovery Bible I read, “Teaching about Money and Possessions” (Matthew 6: 19-34). Oh yes Blessed Father. Teach me. Make me able. In the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).

I trust You. I love You. I need You. I ask You. And I thank You in advance for all You are ready, willing and able to do in, with, by, through and for me. To YOU be the glory Father. Help me give. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(517 words ~ 10:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment