Tuesday, October 23, 2018

good cheer

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 (5:58 a.m.)
Hi God,

There’s another hiccup. There always seems to be another hiccup. Thank You that Jesus came to earth. Thank You for His love. And His life.

We come across things that challenge us. And we constantly get to choose where to put our focus. Thank You for the many reminders You give us every day of Your bounty.
(7:08 a.m.)

Beginning my time in Your Word with John 16:33, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart [be of good cheer], because I have overcome the world.” I quickly went over to chapters 10 (:10) and 15 (:11) reading Your promises of joy and hope. Thank You Father.

We look to You Holy God. Challenges rise up often. And Your Word tells us what to do in their midst. “Let your roots grow down into Him and draw up nourishment from Him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done” (Colossians 2:7).

Thank You Father. Thank You that Your Word calls us to hope and “Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart” (Colossians 4:2). Alert and thankful. Yes Father. Thank You.

We are told to “Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth” (Colossians 3:2). How I agree with The Life Recovery Bible comment regarding this verse.

3:1-3 Paul isn’t urging us to deny the harsh realities of life, he is simply reminding us of where our focus should be. When our eyes are on Christ, we see this life from a different perspective. We realize that there is hope, even when everything seems dark and hopeless. As we look with an eternal perspective, the struggles of recovery don’t disappear; rather, they are seen in the proper light. They no longer have the terrifying power that they once did. When we keep our eyes on Christ and His promises for recovery, no obstacle is too great for us to overcome.”

Yes Father. And here begins another song. ♪My life is in You, Lord My strength is in You, Lord My hope is in You, Lord  In You, it’s in You♪ (Joseph Garlington). As my heart sings out to You Blessed God I ask You to make it that, ♪I will praise You with all of my life… with all of my strength All my hope is in You♪

Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I will come to love You exactly as You command. With all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12 :30). Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(449 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment