Friday, October 26, 2018

appreciate weakness


Friday, October 26, 2018 (6:18 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! I woke up singing. I love when that happens. Especially when I can come out here and find the words on the very first search. Thank You God.

♪Great is Your faithfulness, oh God You wrestle with the sinner’s heart You lead us by still waters and to mercy And nothing can keep us apart So remember Your people Remember Your children Remember Your promise, oh God Your grace is enough Your grace is enough Your grace is enough for me♪

Thank You Father. Thank You so very much. I get to look to You again and again. You are truly from where any strength I ever have comes. Bless You and praise You.

We continue having mountains of work. Piles of stuff. A never ending battle with belongings. And here You are in the midst of it all reminding me that Your grace is all I truly need.

I chide myself often for my inabilities in various areas. And You sing to me about Your grace being enough. Thanks Dad.

I’m in WAY over my head here Lord. What do we give away? What will we use? Where does it belong?

♪So remember Your people Remember Your children Remember Your promise, oh God Your grace is enough for me♪

In one of his letters to the Corinthians (2.12:8-10) the apostle Paul told of his own experience with suffering and Jesus’ response. “But He replied, ‘My kindness is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak.’ So if Christ keeps giving me His power, I will gladly brag about how weak I am” (Contemporary English Version).

Reading in Illustrated Bible Handbook of weakness being strength, we learn of You teaching Paul “to appreciate weakness”. Oh yes Blessed God. Work in me that I will fully rely on Your grace [favor, loving-kindness, mercy] being enough [sufficient] for me.

Thank You for Your reminders Blessed God. I love You so much. I need You. I want You. Work in, with, by, through and for me as only You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(364 words ~ 7:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment