Thursday, October 18, 2018

eyes of faith


Thursday, October 18, 2018 (5:08 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You. Yes. Really thank You.

I’ve been saying it through most of the night. Every time I had a chance to wake up and consider how truly good You are.

Again I ask Your forgiveness about my recent “woe is me” attitude.

(5:31 a.m.)

And right in the midst of my asking, here You are answering. Thank You Father. Praise You. Bless You. Keep You!

Searching the phrase, I was surprised to find Biblical references. Turning to Isaiah 6:5 I read the prophet’s reaction as he “realizes in horror that he is a sinful man living in a corrupt society” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

While reading of the coal that touched Isaiah’s lips, removing his guilt and forgiving his sins (vs. 6-7) for some reason chariots of fire came to mind. Following that thought I read in 2 Kings 6:17 and was filled with such hope.

“Then Elisha prayed, ‘Lord, open his eyes and let him see!’ And the Lord opened the young man’s eyes so that he could see horses of fir and chariots of fire everywhere upon the mountain!”

I resemble The Life Recovery Bible comment for this section so much. “6:14-20 Elisha’s servant was terrified by the awesome Aramean army because he couldn’t see the help available to him. He was totally unaware of the great army of heavenly soldiers on his side. As we face the difficult task of recovery, we may be tempted to give up; our enemies may seem too powerful to overcome. But as we begin to see through the eyes of faith, we will discover the awesome power available to us. God’s power is far greater than that of any enemy we might face. If we admit our powerlessness and trust God for help, we will find His power more than sufficient for our needs.”

Thank You Father. I desperately need to see through the eyes of faith! I have fallen so far back into random, mindless, out of control care of my well being. I absolutely need the awesome power that comes from trusting You.

Continue Your work in reshaping my will to Your way. I love You so very much. Do all You must to realign me to Your blessed Truth.

Your power and grace is more than sufficient to my needs (2 Corinthians 12:9). Oh yes Blessed God. There is a whole ‘nother topic. Your will. You way. This day. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(426 words ~ 6:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment