Saturday, March 25, 2017

unmistakable joy

Saturday, March 25, 2017 (7:09 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I make mistakes. A lot of them! Some carelessly. And many after much thought and consideration. Talk with me here. Yes, please. Speak Your Truth to me.
(8:01 a.m.)

You know me so well. Far better than I will ever know myself. You know my tendency toward self-disapproval. If there's anything for which to fault myself, I'll find it. And then some.

THANK YOU that Your best for me does not involve my taking up negative residence in my mind. Thank You that somewhere much earlier this morning You reminded me of the importance of turning my thoughts to Your Truth instead of replaying yet another blunder.

Philippians 4:8 Common English Bible, “From now on, brothers and sisters, if anything is excellent and if anything is admirable, focus your thoughts on these things: all that is true, all that is holy, all that is just, all that is pure, all that is lovely, and all that is worthy of praise.”

As I sit here, immersing myself in Your Word, I have to ask You... how does my natural thought pattern ever change? I BELIEVE Your promises. I have experienced Your Truth in action. It's the putting it all into practice consistently that I'm asking about.

The Life Recovery Bible's comment states clearly, “4:4-9 True happiness can be found in every situation of life when we recognize that God is at work and always in control.” Yes. Father I believe this to be true.

Also in the footnote, “Peace and joy come when we focus on those things that provide lasting value to our life.” Yes, things that are 'true, honorable, just, pure, admirable, lovely, excellent and praise worthy.'

Father, keep working in me that I would more easily come to the place where I am able to readily forgive myself and others for making mistakes. I love You Father. I long to live each day with the unmistakable joy that comes only from being known and loved by You.

Do all You must Blessed God. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(350 words ~ 9:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment