Saturday, March 4, 2017

sharing God's love

Saturday, March 4, 2017 (5:05 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Today, like everyday, I have the opportunity to share Your love with others. Guide and direct me in this quest won't You?

You are our reason for being. Your love is what we are to be promoting. I confess to shying away from offering Your Word to others. What if I botch it? Say too much? Say too little? Get it wrong?

Fear of being wrong will keep me quiet every time. Your Word tells us repeatedly, “Fear not... Do not be afraid... Be of good courage...” Once again I look to You.
(7:12 a.m.)

In this time I have spent searching the internet about how best to share Your love with others, I came across a prayer of Bruce Prewer. Here he refers to You as “Loving Friend” as he asks You to “visit each of us with Your grace.”

Reading more, I am intrigued with this man who describes himself, “By the grace of Christ Jesus, a child of God”. He declares his focus as “A bearer and sharer of the Good News.”

His prayer of JUN 18, 2012 Intercession: Sharing God's Love begins by calling You “God our holy Friend” as he continues praying for the world's healing. Mm. Yes. Father. He looks to You to “Endorse the work of this church with Your enabling grace.”

He goes on to ask that this work be kept “close to the agenda of Christ”; worship joyful; fellowship warm; outreach inclusive; decision making open; evangelism humble and sensitive; and ecumenical endeavors gracious. Hmm, Father. I have so very much to learn.

His concern for servants of Yours is real as he asks You to “Please let Your grace renew them daily, and may they know Your Spirit as Friend and Counselor.” Oh, yes, please Dear Father.

It's his ending request to You that I want so much to share with others. “Visit each of us with Your grace, loving Friend. Dismantle our fears, build up our faith, deepen our love, clarify our goals, sharpen our insight, widen our compassion, and open our minds to the new words You wish to speak to our situation.” He offers these prayers “In the name of the patient, insightful, and healing Christ.”

Dearest Father and Friend, let me become as certain and clear with my own sharing of Your love. Well thought out. True. Concise. Yes. Again, the importance of knowing just exactly what I believe and having the courage to share that Truth with others.

I love You Father/Friend. Provide all You know I need to become all You would have me be. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(445 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment