Monday, March 13, 2017

Divine Order

Monday, March 13, 2017 (6:34 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

Thank You for Your love Lord. Thank You for Your peace. Thank You for Your joy. And Your promises to never leave us alone.

Thank You for hard, necessary work. Thank You for direction. And focus. Thank You for limits. Thank You for music Father. And the memories various songs bring to mind.

As I sit here with You this morning, I wonder where all our day will go. I have no specific plans. I look to You. Asking Your divine order for this day.

Yes God. YOUR Divine Order for this day!
(7:55 a.m.)

You and I had such a seamless day together yesterday. So much was accomplished. Interspersed with times of rest and recuperation.

My own plans for today were to get up and do it all over again. Thank You for whatever plan You have for me instead. The “go get 'em” attitude with which I fell asleep just isn't here right now.

“Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10a) is here with me. As are Matthew 11:28-30 and Philippians 2:13-14. Holy God, I do not pretend to understand all You have planned for me today but I AM eager to find out!

A link I clicked online “What is Divine Order? By Marsha Burns:” is feeding me some very intriguing food for thought. She identifies divine as “proceeding from God” and order as “authoritative direction”. That is what I know I experienced yesterday. And seemingly so this morning.

Holy God, thank You for ordering our days. Thank You that with almost every thought I have, a Bible verse follows. “We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps” (Proverbs 16:9).

Back to Marsha Burns. “This is Divine Order! When we go through life with a good measure of self-effort, we are most likely not even able to hear the Father. When we serve God out of a fear of failure, we're out of order...

It IS about coming into rest. [Matthew 11:28-30] It IS about His work and our cooperation in yielding. [Philippians 2:13] Divine Order is all about the moving of the Holy Spirit and being unencumbered enough to hear His voice and being flexible enough to go with the flow...

Divine Order is trusting God to give you discernment, to lead, guide, direct, protect, and give you wisdom. [Proverbs 3:5; Psalms 138:8].”

So here I come before You with two verse from Philippians. Asking that You would lead me in Your Divine Order. “For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him. In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing” (2:13-14).

I love You Father. I long to serve You. And I ask Your guidance over me. Let me follow You closely. I long to experience Your Divine Order again this day. Thank You God. I love You. Amen.
(497 words ~ 8:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment