Saturday, March 18, 2017

eternal glory

Saturday, March 18, 2017 (8:52 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You! I already had hints of grumpiness this morning. I was even reciting negative words to present to You and then I remembered I wanted to learn more about Your glory. What is it? When does it happen? Is it another word for heaven?

Your Word has much to say about glory. And the hymnals sing of it.

(10:43 a.m.)
Holy God,

The more I read, the bigger the question mark over my head grows. I start to think I'm getting a clue then it all seems to wash right over me. I read. I think. I hope. I pray. I wonder. And it starts all over again.

Hymnal sections of LIFE EVERLASTING and ETERNAL LIFE AND HEAVEN yield songs of hope. Joy. Beauty. Glory. Newness. Perfection.

I confess to You Blessed God, I sing a little, read some more and continue wondering about my understanding of it all. It all seems to add up to more questioning on my part. Am I understanding what I am reading? Or twisting it to suit my desires?

The biggest question for me this morning keeps coming back to my wondering if Isaiah 35's Hope for Restoration is for present day living? Was it a warning only for the people of Judah? Or is it a promise of things ultimately to come? I start to think I'm getting it and then oops, it's gone.

The Life Recovery Bible's comment for this section [35:3-7] begins in the present and ends with a promise. “God proclaims a message of hope... Following God means that we can ask Him to help us recover in this lifetime and share eternal glory with Him in the next.”

Eternal glory. Hmm. Keep working in me Dear Lord.

Kingdom Joy for the Redeemed; 35:1-10 (Illustrated Bible Handbook). This is one of the most beautiful chapters in the OT. It describes the renewed land which the redeemed of the Lord will inherit when God's promises are fulfilled.” I concur. Here again, I struggle with my own understanding.

So, with all these hours of digging deeper into Your Word and my own feeble understanding of all I read, I conclude by asking You to direct me in Your path (Proverbs 3:5-6). Guide my steps, thoughts, feelings and desires. I love You and long to glorify Your Holy name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(402 words ~ 12:17 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment