Thursday, March 23, 2017

All the time!

Thursday, March 23, 2017 (6:00 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your plan. Thank You that You are good. All the time.

Hmm... Yes. All the time, You are good!

Deep breath. Sit up straight. Think about You.

Mm, yes! Think about You. Read Psalm 100. Smile... And sing! Your Word has it all Dearest Lord. Even [or is that especially] when I have my own reservations.

My tendency is to judge. Harshly! Myself, more often than others. Even now... for not feeling glad enough.

THANK YOU for teaching me to focus my thinking on You. And all that You are.

Thank You for this brief psalm of praise that addresses a myriad of my own emotions. It's the willingness to come to You exactly as I am that allows You to work in my stony, fearful heart. There's a laundry list of my own personal failings. Thank You that they fall along the wayside as I consider the Truth of Your Word!

PSALM 100 A psalm of thanksgiving “Shout with joy to the LORD, O earth!” (v.1) I wasn't there [“with joy”] when I started. “Worship the LORD with gladness. Come before Him, singing with joy” (2). Nope, still wasn't 'feeling' it.

Oh, but look! Right at the bottom of the page in Illustrated Bible Handbook...

Faith and Feelings (a great Theology in Brief) reminding us of Your power to “shape our feelings as we relate to Him. We cannot completely change our own feelings simply by willing them to be different. But as we focus on who God is, and the meaning of our relationship with Him, God will graciously work in our emotional life as well as in our understanding, and shape us to His image.”

And there begins the smile! Yes!

“Acknowledge that the LORD is God! He made us, and we are His. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture” (3). Yes. Yes. And yes!

Here is where the singing begins! I actually KNOW this song! “Enter His gates with thanksgiving; go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and bless His name” (4).

♫I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter His courts with praise. I will say, “This is the day that the Lord hath made” I will rejoice for He has made me glad...

Who has made me glad? Yep! You have!

Thank You Father. Praise You indeed. This IS the day that You have made and I have plenty of reasons to rejoice. All the time!

“For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever ['all the time'], and His faithfulness continues to each generation” (5).

Thank You Father. It is YOUR love we are called to share freely with one another. Continue Your work in shaping me to do exactly that. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I will truly rejoice and be glad for Who and ALL You are. Good. All the time!

Big smile. Straightened stature. Song in my heart. And my mind stayed on You. Lead me along with You this day, I pray. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(537 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment