Monday, March 13, 2017

"Thank You!"

Friday, March 10, 2017 (7:09 a.m.)
Sweet, Holy God,

Thank You.

It has been a VERY long morning. Awake at 2:08. Up at 3:38. Thinking fearful, condemning thoughts after 4. Continuing to breath deeply and reciting the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a) until sleep finally returned.

Disrepair was the main thought. Neglect on my part and the ultimate end result spun wildly through my mind. I felt self blame, remorse and such dreaded guilt.

Thank You for every time You reminded me to think on You. Thank You for the moment I physically turned my head up instead of down. Thank You that I remembered to focus on You and Your works instead of my own failings.

Oh, and now as I look up the words: disregard; ignore; pay no attention to; fail to look after; abandon; desert; negligence; dereliction of duty; carelessness... and once again I say, “Thank You!”

Thank You for the antonyms that follow these very descriptive phrases. Cherish; look after; concentrate on; heed; remember; care; attend... Thank You Father that these are words that describe Your constant keeping of each and every single one of us.

I make mistakes. It's not my intent. Yet I far too often make the conscious decision not to decide on the proper care of treasured items. This is not the first time. Nor, I'm sure, will it be my last.

How I thank You for not leaving me alone in my self imposed guilt. Thank You for reminding me to fix my thoughts on You (Philippians 4:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment