Wednesday, March 29, 2017

staying present

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 (7:25 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You for Your presence. Your presence in each of us, which is teaching me the fine art of staying present.

Yes. It's becoming easier for me to capture my thoughts (Colossians 3:2). I am learning to stop, turn and yield my thinking. To You!

Thank You Father. Bless You. Praise You. Continue Your work in teaching me to live the life You would have me live. Free. In You.

This morning I sit wanting to devour Your Word. One verse leading straight to another. Guide and direct my learning Dearest God.

John 7:18, “Those who present their own ideas are looking for praise for themselves, but those who seek to honor the One who sent them are good and genuine.” I want to be good and genuine. I want to honor You!

Well this is certainly unexpected... I'm sitting, thinking, praying, reading and another powerful word comes up. Oh, but yes, it DOES apply to living freely! Forgiveness. And it definitely plays its part in staying present.

When I am able to forgive, both myself and others, I am freed of past hurts. I no longer have to stay stuck in the never ending replay of any slight I have either incurred or endured. Holy God, You are SO good! Thank You.

Romans 12:2, “Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect His will really is.” Oh, yes, Blessed God. Yes!

There is so much joy to be found in learning to practice staying present. Keep up Your good work in me Most Holy God. I long to rejoice in You always! Thank You for giving us the tools for learning to do precisely that! I love You. Amen.
(328 words ~ 11:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment