Friday, March 3, 2017

marshal and direct

Friday, March 3, 2017 (5:12 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for sleep. And rest. And excitement. Thank You for peace. And hope. And joy.

Mm. Yes. Father, can we once again speak of the fruit of Your Spirit (Galatians 5:22)?
(6:28 a.m.)
And just like that [snap] I was stopped at the first fruit. Love.

Blessed God, how I thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your Word that teaches us about Your love (1 Corinthians 13:4-7; 1 John 4:7-11). How I ask You to help me get a better understanding of how You would have me share Your precious love.

Reading in The Message I am excited at its wording of Galatians 5:22-23. “But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard – things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.”

Able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.” Yes please! Father, I turn to You. You are our hope. You are our joy. You are our desire!

I long to love as You would have me love Blessed God. Marshal and direct my energies. Let me love as You command. You, with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) and my neighbor as myself (v. 31). Yes, Father, keep teaching me to love.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(284 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment