Thursday, March 2, 2017

rejoice

Thursday, March 2, 2017 (6:39 a.m.)
Holy God,

Praise You. Thank You. You call us to rejoice. Always (Philippians 4:4). Thank You!

Mm, yes, thank You Father. Thank You for Your Word. Thank You that It never changes. Psalm 119:89. Isaiah 40:8. Thank You Father that It is also alive (Hebrews 4:12).

Yes! Because Your Word “is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword” (American Standard Version) my soul stirs as I read it. My mind swirls with music at the very same time. Father, I truly can't keep up with the pace of all the hope as one verse of Scripture or song leads to another.

Thank You that as I pause to think of just one line another comes to mind. Tapping out the words “Because You live” led me to sing Because He Lives which took me to The Celebration Hymnal and reminded me that we are now officially in the Season of Lent.

Holy God, all these thoughts, Truths, hope and desire spring to my heart, soul, mind and strength. I am encompassed by Your presence and I am grateful!

A song with which I am completely unfamiliar follows right after “THE LIFE OF CHRIST: THE COMING OF THE WISEMEN” under the heading “LIFE AND MINISTRY”. As I prepare to go plink out the tune O Sing a Song of Bethlehem on the piano I ask You to use it in teaching me to truly rejoice this day as You would have me rejoice.

Be joyful. Be happy. Be pleased. Be glad. Be delighted. Be elated. Be ecstatic. Be euphoric. Be overjoyed... Take delight in. Find/take pleasure in. Feel satisfaction. Find joy in. Enjoy... Yes, Father. Teach me

No comments:

Post a Comment