Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Hope (Psalm 42)

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 (6:39 a.m.)
Then sings my soul...

Thank You God! My very first, practically subconscious thought of the day was this snippet of a hymn we sang this past Sunday.

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee; How Great Thou Art, how great Thou art!

Oh, most dear and holy Father God, thank You. Praise You! You bless us so profoundly. We are fully aware of the gracious favor You provide us each and every day.

I hate to admit and confess that pain and fatigue far too often color my outlook when it comes to praise. And the willingness to hope. Oh, but then You weave music into my very soul. And like the hymn pronounces Then sings my soul...

Thank You Father. Thank You that Your Word reminds us of the hope we have in You. Events in our every day lives can sidetrack us with thoughts of so much to do with so little time. I can build a mountain out of a molehill in no time at all.

Thank You that without even consciously asking You, You came singing hope into my soul. Thank You Father.

Illustrated Bible Handbook says this, “Psalm 42. Here is a psalm of encouragement for times of spiritual depression when God seems very far away.” Thank You Holy God. Thank You that Your singing to my soul brought me to this chapter filled with hope.

The Message begins verse six with the Psalmist stating, “When my soul is in the dumps” and ends verse eight, “Then GOD promises to love me all day, sing songs all through the night! My life is God's prayer.”

Verses 5 and 11 ask and answer my own thoughts. “Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again – my Savior and my God!” (New Living Translation).

Loving You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) is my desire. You are everything we need to make that possible. I turn to You. Your Word. Your hope. I ask You Father to provide all that is necessary so I will live this day exactly as You wish.

I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask all this through Your Son, by the working of Your Holy Spirit. The One Who comes and sings to my soul in the early morning hours. Thank You God. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. Amen.
(417 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment