Wednesday, March 22, 2017

"good Father"

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 (5:48 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You for rest. And thank You for rain. Thank You that You are good. Thank You for loving us so very much.

Once again I am at a loss for words. And understanding. In searching a verse for “good Father”, The Message presented one.

1 Peter 1:17, “You call out to God for help and He helps – he's a good Father that way. But don't forget, He's also a responsible Father, and won't let you get by with sloppy living.”

So of course, me being me, I start thinking of all the ways I fall short of godly living. Oh, but Your Word and other peoples' words about Your Word right my thinking.

Illustrated Bible Handbook, “Reverent Awe; 1:17-21. The call to holiness should not occasion terror. It should lead to a deep awareness of all that is involved in our relationship with God...”

The Life Recovery Bible REFLECTIONS ON FIRST PETER insights, “In 1 Peter 1:14-17... The only way to keep from slipping back into sinful and unhealthy patterns is to maintain a conscious and sober awareness of our identity: We are children of a holy God. Like children, we are weak and dependent, but the Father we depend on is strong, loving, just and perfect.”

Mm, yes Blessed Father. Thank You for reminding me of who and all You are. Our good, good Father. Strong. Loving. Just. Perfect.

Use me as You wish this day. Focused on who You are and who I am in You. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(265 words ~ 7:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment