Monday, March 6, 2017

listen and apply

Monday, March 6, 2017 (6:33 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

I learned something yesterday. I don't have to keep talking to You. It's so very important for me to listen and apply what You are saying to me.

Father, thank You! Thank You for reminding me of the importance of not only paying attention, but of acting on Your teachings as well.

There was one particular instance yesterday when my thoughts were so far ahead of my circumstances that I practically heard You holler, “Stop thinking!” And I did.

As I reined in the negative conclusions I was drawing, I actually felt myself relax. Being more fully aware of my surroundings, I found enjoyment in my choices. Thank You Father. Thank You.

Reading in Proverbs this morning, I am particularly drawn to Thirty Sayings of the Wise (Chapters 22:17-24:22). How I thank You Father, for these important teachings.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for 22:17-19 states, “Here Solomon repeated one of his favorite themes in Proverbs: Trust in the LORD. He alone is the source of perfect love and truth. It is only by surrendering to Him that we can experience true love and discover how our life should be lived.”

Yes! Yes, indeed!
(9:27 a.m.)
Father,

As I once again leave here to go out and start the day YOU have planned for me, I ask that You would empower me to “Listen to the words of the wise; apply [my] heart to [YOUR] instruction... so [I] will [indeed!] trust in the LORD” (Proverbs 22:17-19).

Yes Father. Once again teach me to listen and apply. Thank You Father. I love You! Amen.
(275 words ~ 9:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment