Friday, March 24, 2017

ENCOURAGEMENT

Friday, March 24, 2017 (6:00 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You again for friendships. Talk with me this morning about myself would You? I think I have a distorted view going on. I seem to come down more harshly and critically on me than on anyone else.

And all truth be told... I don't want to come down hard on anyone! It truly is my desire to elevate, encourage, lift up. Yes, Father please. Once more I am asking You to work in me. As You wish.

Thank You for the privilege of turning in Your Word and having tears sting my eyes as they prepare to roll down my cheeks. Your Word truly IS alive!

Hebrews 4:12, “For the Word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.” Yes. Thank You Father.

I scour Your Word, searching for verses on how to become an ENCOURAGEMENT to others. Turning to Life Recovery TOPICAL INDEX, I read “(see Hope)”. Holy God, I DO see hope! All around me. Thank You for reminding me.

Reading of Paul's relationship with the believers of Thessalonica (1Th 2:7-12) I see that he lived a life of transparency and love. He was gentle (v. 7), generous (8), and hard working (9). His heart's desire was that others would grow in their relationship with You.

With each of you we were like a father with his child, holding your hand, whispering encouragement, showing you step-by-step how to live well before God, who called us into His own kingdom, into this delightful life” (v. 12)

Hmm.. “this delightful life”. Yes. Indeed. This delightful life! Oh most dear and blessed God, how I ask You to encourage me in how You would have me live this particular day in “this delightful life”.

Mm! I love You. I thank and praise You. Use me exactly as You wish. To Your good and to Your glory. Thank You Father. Praise You. Amen.

(345 words ~ 7:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment