Thursday, March 9, 2017

♫Show Me the Way♫

Thursday, March 9, 2017 (3:51 a.m.)
Holy God,

What an interesting way to wake up. Over an hour ago. Singing I want You to show me the way I didn't get it right away. In fact, I found it rather annoying.

And then it hit me! Holy Father, I DO want You to show me the way! YOUR way!

Reading the lyrics to Peter Frampton's hit from the 70's, I'm fairly certain I must have heard it on the car radio recently. And just by stating that simple fact to You, That's Why God Made the Radio (Beach Boys, 2012) immediately starting singing in my mind.

Holy God, as much as I am enjoying the music and time together right now, my body is still tired. Could we please do this again in a couple of hours? For the moment I'd really appreciate You showing me the way back to sleep. Please?
(6:25 a.m.)
Mm, yes!

Thank You Father. Sleep. Rest. And dreams! Thank You.

You reminded me of the importance of breathing in and out deeply. Thank You that as I began, instead of counting numbers I thought of the fruit of Your Spirit (Galatians 5:22) instead. Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And self-control (v. 23). Inhale; love. Exhale; joy...

Thanks Dad! Thanks that as I dreamt, 'doing justly and loving mercy' was actually written out for me. Possibly over a doorpost. Recognizing it as Scripture, I just found it as Micah 6:8.

Also while in the dreamy part of resting I clearly saw the need of my learning and being able to recite 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. “Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstances.” Wow! Do I ever have a long way to go in bringing this one home!

I was reminded the other day by a dear friend that You are not a God of disorder but of peace (1 Corinthians 14:33). Thinking in regards to our home I am asking You in. Teach us what it would be to live our everyday lives “decently and in order” (v. 40). Bring order and harmony into our home as only You can Blessed Lord.

Yes indeed Dearest Dad, I want You to show me the way ! Please. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(430 words ~ 7:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment