Friday, March 18, 2016

so very much to do

Friday, March 18, 2016 (6:31 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Good morning. I love You. Where shall we go from here?

There is MUCH to do today. So very much to do.

Blessed God, thank You for who and all You are. Thank You that because of Your perfect love for each of us we get to come before You exactly as we are.

Right now how I am is distracted. Preoccupied. Inattentive. This is not the attitude I want to bring to You this morning Father.

Gonna be really honest with You right now. There is a HUGE battle going on in my mind at the moment. My thoughts are going all over the place. It seems that every single time I start thinking of all the good that is currently taking place, random fearful notions immediately come along.

Father, Your Word tells us repeatedly to not fear. Do not be afraid. Be of good courage. I look to You for this ability. Left on my own I will continue circling back to fearful thinking. Thank You that Jesus promised to not leave us alone (John 14:18).

It is to You, Your Word, Your Truth, Your promises that I turn this morning. Thank You for reminding me that attempting to protect myself by hardening my heart is not what You would have me do. Thank You that You are so very much bigger than all of the evil in the world combined.

You, Holy God, are to Whom I turn. Psalm 103 prompts me to praise You. Keep my thoughts on You. Counter every concern with Your power. I love You Father. Make me obedient to Your will. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

 (286 words ~ 8:02 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment