Saturday, March 19, 2016

And You did it for me!

Saturday, March 19, 2016 ( 5:16 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You that You are faithful. Unchanging. Available. Loving. Kind. Patient. I was not those things yesterday. My attitude desperately needed adjusting. And You did it for me!

Thank You Father. Thank You that every single time I cried out to You, You heard me. The words were rarely positive. There was a lot of bitterness and complaining. There were even a few one finger salutes.

Thank You that You did not leave me alone in all I was feeling. Out of sorts. Wrong side of the bed. Flat out grumpy. There were foot stomps. And growls. I absolutely forgot to “Spin. Grin. And begin again.” Thank You that You did by, for, in, with and through me all that I could not manage on my own.

Prayers were offered on my behalf. A reminder to sing was suggested. Music was played. And there was even dancing in the living room. And You did it all for me!

You reminded me to pray. You provided me the exact means necessary to continue on to the next thing. A completely unexpected phone call from a long ago associate. The easy finding of a completely forgotten book. Just the right amount of yard work. You did it all through me.

I confess to the ill-temperedness that followed me throughout much of the day. Thank You for the decision to come look up the hymn What a Friend We Have in Jesus Thank You for the referenced verse being Philippians 4:6.

Thank You for the opportunity of looking it up in The Life Recovery Bible. Thank You that I was again reminded in the footnote for 4:4-9 that “True happiness can be found in every situation of life when we recognize God is at work and always in control.”

Illustrated Bible Handbook offered me “A Plea for Perspective; 4:2-9. Paul speaks of joys that are found through relationship with the Lord (4). In Christ we have release from anxiety, for we can express every need to God and experience peace (5-7)”.

You did it all with me Father. Clothes were appropriately sorted and laundered. Tentative plans about the next few days were discussed and decided upon. It was all You. Every stamp of my foot was countered by a reminder of settling in with You instead.

Thank You Father. Thank You that even as I sit here I am mentally singing Blessed be the name of the Lord He is worthy to be praise and adored So we lift up holy hands in one accord Singing blessed be the name, blessed be the name Blessed be the name of the Lord

You are so incredibly worthy Father. Thank You for changing my attitude and giving me the much, much needed peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:9). I love You so very much.

Do all You must to enable and empower me in truly praising and adoring You this day. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(507 words ~ 6:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment