Friday, March 4, 2016

being still

Friday, March 4, 2016 (6:07 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You that my first waking thought this morning was based on Your Word. “Be still and know” immediately countered my renewing concern over a problem that has yet to be resolved.

Blessed Father, I confess to You my tendency of holding onto my own way of thinking. Believing myself as able to see clearly what others either cannot or will not see for themselves. Forgive my arrogant impatience, Father.

As I sit and consider all that You are and I am not again I thank You Lord. Thank You for hope. Peace. Truth.

Reading the various translations for Psalm 46:10 I wonder, does “wait and see” factor in as a potential rephrasing of being still and knowing that You are God?

“Give ye attention, and see ye, that I am God” (Wycliffe Bible).

The Voice: “Be still, be calm, see, and understand I am the True God.”

[Let go, relax] Cease striving and know that I am God” New American Standard Bible.

Names of God: “Let go of your concerns! Then you will know that I am Elohim.”

Stand silent! Know that I am God!” (The Living Bible).

Stop your fighting – and know” (Holman Christian Standard Bible).

Contemporary English Version: “Calm down and learn”.

That's enough! Now know that I am God!” (Common English Bible).

You ARE God! You know the plans You have for us. They are plans for good and not for evil. They are plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). I depend on this blessed God.

I do not pretend to know what next week will bring. In the past my inclination would be to worry, fret, stew, speculate and overanalyze the potential outcome. Today I ask instead that You be glorified and enjoyed through the process.

I love You Father. Bless us and keep us in being still and relying on Your Truth. Use me this day as You wish. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(342 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment