Thursday, March 3, 2016

rejoicing and being glad

Thursday, March 3, 2016 (5:54 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You! I got to wake up singing again. This time? This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made; We will rejoice, we will rejoice and be glad in it, and be glad in it. This is the day that the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made

Rejoicing and being glad. It's good theory. Great practice. NOT what I was taught early on however. We were more of the grumbling and being mad way of thinking. A lifetime of negative examples is not easily overcome. But life in You changes us.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the calls to worship You place in our hearts. Even right there I automatically start singing Here I am to worship, Here I am to bow down, Here I am to say that You're my God You're altogether lovely Altogether worthy, Altogether wonderful to me

Father, thank You for the ways in which You lead and love us. Take this morning for example. I woke up excited about the song I was singing and I tracked it back to Your Word. Psalm 118:24. The Voice speaks Your Truth with these words, “This is the day the Eternal God has made; let us celebrate and be happy today.”

Mm. Yes. We have occasion to meet at a cemetery this morning to celebrate the life of a dear woman. Her roots grew down deeply into our community and she will be sorely missed. Thank You for her example of love, acceptance and encouragement. Thank You for the woman she was and the example she set.

Father, Yours is the highest example of all. Your call to us is turn to You in all circumstances. Always being joyful. Praying all the time. And giving thanks no matter what (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). Thank You for the mighty, powerful work You do in us.

Many years ago I was made aware of the importance of Psalm 118:8. Found partway between the shortest and longest of Psalms, it is crucial that we remember, “It is better to trust the LORD than to put confidence in people.”

Standing on the Truth found here I begin singing yet another deeply ingrained worship song. This one based on Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart And lean not on your own understanding In all your ways acknowledge Him And He shall direct your path

Guide me in the practice of rejoicing and being glad this day Blessed Father. Celebrating and being happy truly does not come naturally for me.

I love You. I long to serve You as You wish to be served. And I thank and praise You for all You are and all You call us to become. Work in me I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(491 words ~ 7:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment