Tuesday, March 8, 2016

fine, good things

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 (5:15 a.m.)
Holy, Loving God,

Thank You. There was sleep. Refreshing, restorative sleep. Thank You. And there was awaking. To thoughts and wonders and You.

Thank You Father. Thank You that we get to come before You with our thoughts and wonders. Doubts and fears. Hopes and dreams. Yes Father. Thank You that You call us to love You with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30).

This morning I come to You asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). My former tendency was to act first, pray after. Thank You for helping me want to filter my desiring, thinking and doing through You prior to actually taking action.

We have changes in plans that can go one way or another. Take the lead here Lord. I spend far too much time in my head attempting to reach our best case scenarios. Today I toss it all up to You asking simply for YOUR best for us.

Thank You that upon awakening this morning Your Word came promptly into play. Thinking first on the whatsoevers (Philippians 4:8) my mind started wandering over to 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 and the defining qualities of what all love is and what all it is not. From there my thinking turned to the blessings Jesus listed in His Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:1-12; Luke 6:12-26).

I confess to You Dearest Lord, I have yet to spend much time learning or practicing the beatitudes. I long to live this day as You would have me. Work in, with, by, for and through me that I will reap and sow (Galatians 6:7-10) all that You have for me.

Father God, You are good. You are holy. You are my example of all I long to be. Do all You must in making me aware of all the “fine, good things in others” that You would have me dwell on (Philippians 4:8). I love You, Dad. Thank You. Amen.
(330 words ~ 7:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment