Sunday, March 20, 2016

ironing out

Palm Sunday, March 20, 2016 (4:50 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You that I get to be here with You this morning. Thank You for the huge belly laughs I had yesterday. Thank You for the peace with which I awoke yesterday as well.

Along with that peace there were a couple of hiccups. And with them the opportunity to iron out a few things.

Oh most blessed holy God how I thank You for Your call to put things in order. Thank You for once again guiding me to Paul's encouraging letter to the Philippian believers.
(7:29 a.m.)

Again I find myself in Chapter 4. Joy in the Lord (Illustrated Bible Handbook). Paul's Plea for Perspective; 4:2-9. Reading of “joys found through relationship with the Lord (4)... release from anxiety, express every need to God and experience peace (5-7)”.
(1:40 p.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You! Thank You for the added reminder that I am to ASK You for what I need (Ephesians 6:18). I tend to forget this. OFTEN! Many times I consider prayers concerning myself as petty. Or self-serving.

This morning our pastor spent the bulk of his teaching on this one particular verse. “Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all Christians everywhere” (Ephesians 6:18).

I felt a gentle prompt nudging me toward surrendering all of my “got to”s and “want to”s directly to You. Holy God, my quest to keep things simple while also getting them done has me feeling somewhat disappointed with the seemingly slow, albeit steady, progress I've been making.

Father, here I am ASKing You to adjust my thinking. Equip me to walk with You at Your pace. Set my sights on Your will for me. Your way!
(4:19 p.m.)
And again I continue.

Back to Paul's urging “Euodia and Syntyche to iron out their differences and make up. God doesn't want his children holding grudges” (Philippians 4:2 The Message). According to The Living Bible he wanted “to plead with these two dear women... Please, please with the Lord's help, quarrel no more – be friends again.”

Be of the same mind in the Lord” (KJV). “Have the attitude the Lord wants” (NOG). “Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement” (NLT). The various ways of saying the same thing continues.

It is all with You. By You. In You. Through You. For You. Thank You Father. Continue Your most holy work in each of us. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(429 words ~ 5:07 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment