Sunday, March 6, 2016

Psalm 33:4

Sunday, March 6, 2016 (6:22 a.m.)
Much loved Father God,

Thank You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for Your trustworthiness. Thank You that Your Word continues teaching us how You would have us live.

This cold, rainy morning I don't have actual words. My thoughts jump quickly from one far end of the spectrum to what seems to be its polar opposite. Yet when I open Your Word all my thinking settles down. I find peace. Hope. Truth. Love.

Thank You Father that Your love never changes! You stay the same through the ages. Your Word guides and comforts us.

So far this morning Dearest God, I have gone from Hannah's prayer of praise (I Samuel 2:1-10) to Paul's urging the believers in Ephesus to live as children of light (Ephesians 4:17-32). Wondering where best to put my focus, I land on Psalm 33:4.

The Voice uses these words to speak Your Truth, “For the word of the Eternal is perfect and true; His actions are always faithful and right.” A comment in The Life Recovery Bible tells us, “Such a powerful God is worthy of our trust and praise.” How true!

While we don't necessarily understand all happenings we are reminded in this footnote, “The God who spoke the universe into existence is able to re-create us, and He is filled with tender love for us.” Blessed Father, You continue giving me reason to believe You at Your Word.

He can heal us of the defects that have brought such destruction to us and the people we love. All He asks is that we turn our life over to Him so He can work these changes in us.” I had the opportunity to practice trusting You late last night and again in the early morning hours. This is a faith and trust that still does not come naturally.

You continue reminding me to turn away from fearful thinking and again to Your trustworthy faithfulness. Father, it is to You I come with all the concerns I carry. Too often I set them down before You only to pick them up once again. Thank You for every single occasion we have of exercising our faith muscles.

Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me this day that I will return home thanking and praising You and Your most holy name. I love You Father and I truly long to glorify and enjoy You as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(416 words ~ 7:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment