Monday, March 21, 2016

Thank You!

Monday, March 21, 2016 (6:48 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. Hi. I love You.
(7:07 a.m.)

Thank You. Praise You. Say all the “right” things and wait for the feelings to follow.

Holy God, I'm here in body but not yet spirit. My mind is spinning with thoughts of all that is still left undone.

This is where I come before You ASKing to be made whole in spirit, soul, mind and body. I long to love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30).
(7:35 a.m.)
Thank You Father.

Thank You for teaching me something I have long missed. The verbal exchange between Jesus and the religious leaders of His day trying to catch Him in His own words took place during what is now known as Holy Week.

Thank You Father. Jesus began His Journey to the Cross [Chapters 11-13] (Illustrated Bible Handbook) riding on a donkey with shouts of “Hosanna”s coming from the crowd. How very quickly His triumphal entry changed.

Father, thank You for reminding me that in less than one week people went from shouting, “Hooray! God bless the one who comes in the name of the Lord!” (Mark 11:9) to yelling “Crucify Him!” (15:13). “Nail Him to a cross!” (Contemporary English Version).

Work in me this Holy Week Blessed Father. Continue teaching me what it really means to love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. And “equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these” (Mark 12:31).

Thank You Father for showing me that both of these commandments were not new at the time. Jesus was quoting from what has now become known as our Old Testament. Deuteronomy 6:4-5 and Leviticus 19:18.

Embed these deeply in my being Father. Thank You for meeting me here this morning. Exactly where I am. I love You. And I long to serve You. Make it so Blessed God. Make it so!

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(325 words ~ 8:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment