Friday, June 19, 2015

transfixed

Friday, June 12, 2015 (7:28 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You! The other day You prompted me to turn on a 35 year old long-playing record album of praise for two rambunctious boys under four years of age. I watched them stand transfixed as they truly listened and were visibly amazed by what they heard. Their wholehearted dancing to and singing of songs they had never heard before paled only in comparison to their delighted squeals and American Sign Language requests for “More!”

Yesterday, without any obvious outside prompting, they both began singing, dancing and reciting some of what they had heard only one time prior. I'm still agog over this.

Father, these are songs that helped me in my own walk with You. Your profound Truth put into language even a pre-two year old can get wildly excited about. I truly cannot thank You enough.

Because of Your prompting, I have this internal gift of true joy to fall back on as I consider all the mistakes I make with discipline and helping little ones stay safe in their environments. You know what You want and how it is to be achieved. I confess to floundering in “the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience”.

There is such a fine line between the genuine fun, games, silliness and complete abandon that potentially leads to uncontrolled chaos. I find myself caught with thoughts of “Where is this heading?” and “What do we do know?”

Thank You for the time honored Word to guide us.

No comments:

Post a Comment