Wednesday, June 10, 2015

the fine art of praise ~ 5/28/15

Thursday, May 28, 2015 (7:35 a.m.)
June Lake Loop, CA
Praise You Father God,

Mm. Yes. Speak to me again about praising You.

I just read two antonyms for praise. Criticize and condemn. I live in a fallen world. Raised and loved by imperfect people. These are words I grew up with. Even when praise and encouragement were the goal. Blessed Father how I ask You to continue my training today in the fine art of praise.

Thank You that I don't have easy access to my usual stack of prayer time books. Thank You that I am having to look harder. Deeper. More intentionally. Into Your Word.

The word praise is mentioned often. Regularly. We are charged with praising You. Repeatedly. And again I circle back to my examples of praise having been flawed. Thank You that You are mightier than any of the mistakes we have made through the years.

Thank You that in searching through Psalty's Kids Bible, I get to be reminded in a PSALTY SAYS ♥ article that we are to “Take Time for Jesus”. Referencing Psalm 90:14, the Singing Songbook tells us to “Take time for Jesus every morning. Praise His name. Fill your heart with joy. Let your whole day be a praise song to Him.”

As I compare Psalty's words with those of Moses for this verse, I ask You (Matthew 7:7) blessed Father to make it so for me this day. Looking to You as the Master, Creator, One and Only deserving of our praise I pray, “Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days” (Psalm 90:14).

Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me in teaching me Your fine art of praise. I love You. I long to serve and praise You well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(311 words ~ 9:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment