Friday, June 19, 2015

time spent

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 (7:40 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You! You did it again. You provided me with forethought. Energy. Ideas. Secondary plans. And success.

Time was spent wisely yesterday. Appropriate actions were taken where opportunities presented themselves. Respectful playfulness was enjoyed. There was music. Laughter. Fun. Delight. And order.

Successful time spent with our toddler and preschooler stemmed from truly singing Your praises. Again, Psalty the Singing Songbook ruled the day. There was much talk of praise and glory. Good and evil. Playful interactions and much character identification.

Blessed Father, You never cease to blow me away! Thank You for Your timeless Truth. Your Word that does not change with the times.

I am here this morning asking for more. Again. You show me how seamlessly events can transpire when we leave the details to You. Yesterday I had a general plan of ideas that You turned into a day of pure gold.

I give You the same this morning. People are coming. Pool time is anticipated. Swimming would be the high point. Kids and parents calm enough to trust their bodies in and on the water. I've asked (Matthew 7:7) You in the past to intervene where I lack. Here I am, asking again. Still.

Father, I love You so incredibly much. I become so excited [agog] when I witness You at work.

Even now, the only verse of Scripture I found concerning “time spent” was Isaiah 38:1 in The Message. “[Time Spent in Death's Waiting Room] At that time, Hezekiah got sick. He was about to die. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz visited him and said, 'GOD says, “Prepare your affairs and your family. This is it: You're going to die. You're not going to get well.”'”

Instead of just rolling over and accepting You at Your Word, “Hezekiah turned away from Isaiah and, facing the wall, prayed to GOD...” (vs. 2-3). You heard his prayer, saw his tears and added fifteen years to his life (5).

Hezekiah's hope was in You Father. As is mine. Take this day and whatever it is You would have me do in it. I want desperately to help people learn to be safe in and near the water. And even more than that? To know they are safe in You!

Mm, yes Dad. That would truly be time spent well. Make it so. In Your strength. In Your power. In Your glory. And in Your time. I love You. And I thank You. Amen.
(413 words ~ 8:33 a.m.)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment