Friday, June 19, 2015

contemplatively

Thursday, June 18, 2015 (7:10 a.m.)
Holiest God,

Thank You. I get scrambled. Distracted. Discouraged. And then I look to You. Take time. Come into Your presence. And breathe. Deeply. Contemplatively. And find a sense of peace. A respite. My soul restored.

Mm... Psalm 23:3. Father, thank You.

I look around here at all that is unfinished. A suitcase here. Pile of clothes over there. Phone calls not returned. And I feel a bit of overwhelm settling in.

Then I look to You. Your Word. The hope we have in You and I ask (Matthew 7:7). Again! That You would 'lead me in paths of righteousness for Your name's sake' (Psalm 23:3b).

I have the opportunity of reading this precious piece of Scripture in many variations. King James Version begins with “He restoreth my soul”. Amplified Bible says, “He refreshes and restores my life (my self)”.

Common English Bible quite simply states, “He keeps me alive. He guides me in proper paths for the sake of His good name.”

Complete Jewish Bible uses the phrase “my inner person”. And Contemporary English Version announces, “and You refresh my life. You are true to Your name, and You lead me along the right paths.”

Expanded Bible tells, “He gives me new strength. He leads me on paths that are right [or straight] for the good [sake] of His name [reputation].”

Renews, restoreth, revives, refreshes. “He lets me rest in the meadow grass and leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me new strength. He helps me do what honors Him the most” (The Living Bible).

True to Your Word, You let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction” (The Message).

He makes me strong again. He leads me in the way of right living with Himself which brings honor to His name” (New Life Version).

He makes me whole again, steering me off worn, hard paths to roads where truth and righteousness echo His name” (The Voice).

You provide me the opportunity to look to You. Consider Your Word. Trust. Believe. Follow. And I am grateful Father.

Thank You for the privilege of coming to You exactly as I am. Flawed. Foibled. Created in Your image (Genesis 1:26).

I love You. I want to serve You. As I look around me at all that needs attention, I ask You to be my Shepherd. Guide me precisely to the people, places and things that You would have me spend my time, treasures and talents.

You know my needs far better than I and I trust You to provide all that You know is best. Thank You Blessed Father. I love You. Amen.

 (448 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment