Monday, June 15, 2015

our bestowing, benevolent Father

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 (10:45 a.m.)
~ hammock on deck ~
Tahoe Vista, CA

Holy God,

How I thank You for the God You are and the blessings You bestow. I used that phrase in a spoken prayer to You yesterday. Would You talk to me now about the bestowing You do?

The slightest smile crosses my face as I take notice of the time (11:11 a.m.). There are so very many simple things in this life that bring me joy. Numbers on the clock throughout the day being just one example.
(12:02 p.m.)

Mm. We've been sitting here. Watching. Waiting. Wondering. Pondering. Enjoying. Relaxing. Potentially planning.

It's an extremely fair weather day. We have so many options. Yet here we sit. Is THIS Your best for us today? Shall we just indulge ourselves in the freedom of enjoying our simple surroundings?
(1:51 p.m.)

I think yes. This beautiful view. And benevolent Father. Our bestowing, benevolent Father.

Reading in Psalms, Proverbs and Isaiah, it's where I began in 1Chronicles (29:25) that keeps bringing me back to Your Word. A portion (vs. 11-12) of David's praise to You. Where he recognized You as “the source of all true success” (The Life Recovery Bible comment).

The footnote continues, ascribing “all greatness, power, glory, victory, and majesty” to You. The need to “daily affirm the truth that God is our source of strength.”

To this our bestowing, benevolent Father, I pray back to You this thought provoking section of David's prayer of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment