Thursday, June 18, 2015

I pray so

Sunday, June 7, 2015 (11:27 a.m.)
Holy Father God
            Who I love so very much ~

Thank You! You got us home safely. Timely. And without incident. Bless You Father. Praise You.

I say all this because things went well. Would I be as ready and eager to praise You otherwise? I pray so!

Truly. Father, I ask You (Matthew 7:7) to continue Your work in me that I would come to give You thanks in all things. I'm looking for the verse

And here it is! Relative moments after beginning the search, You showed me exactly where to look. In this suitcase. Under that stack of clothes. Then to the concordance. “Things”? No. “Thanks”? Yes. Right there.

“1 Th 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances,” It's what I long to do right now.

Turning in Psalty's Kids Bible I see I've been here many times before. Dated, circled and underlined verses give me proof.

Verse 11, “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” Right now? Not exactly.

I'm off on my own. Feeling rattled. Shaken. Not yet myself. That's exactly why I'm here with You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7).

Confessing to You my desire to get back on track. Reset. Realigned. Willing to be home with all the duties, responsibilities and obligations that entails.

Yes, Father, this is new to me. Usually I try sucking it all up and jumping right back in. Or the complete opposite. Ignoring. Refusing. Putting it all off.

This time, I'm coming straight to You. There are a few physical symptoms. My head feels odd. My heart somewhat downcast. The idea of stomping and growling causes me to smile and consider that outcome.

Instead, I search Your Word. Your best. Your power. Your strength. I'm tired God. We played hard. Now it's back to “real life”. But how would it be to not differentiate between the two? To just BE ready and prepared to enjoy You at every turn? “In all things”? At all times! Whether near or far. At home or at large?

Yes! Illustrated Bible Handbook for 1 Thessalonians says, “Chapter 5. Be Alert”. The Life Recovery Bible 5:1-11 comment, “Paul warns us that God will hold all people accountable for their attitudes and actions. This day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, so we need to stay alert and ready at all times.”

I long to live my life, each day, every moment in You. With You. Through You. Too often I take it back. Rely on my own strength, power, wisdom and understanding.

Let's not go there shall we? You are my strength. Power. Wisdom. Understanding! It's only through You I stand a chance here.

I give this day back to You Blessed God. All the decisions. Opportunities. Possibilities. I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to order it for me. Provide exactly what I need to bring glory and honor to Your name.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I need the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) in which to do that. Whatever is Your best for me is what I am asking. Your will. Not mine. Phone calls? People? Places? Things? Guide. Direct. Embolden. Empower me as You wish.

I love You. I am unclear. Uncertain. Undecided. Seeking clarity. Direction. Your plan. Not mine.

Give me twenty minutes. Let's see where we go. I love You. Amen.

(12:43 - 12:58 p.m.)

Fifteen minutes later and still undecided. I can't put a time limit on You. I tried resting. Contemplating. Thinking. Not thinking. Now I'm going to just go see what happens. Act as if? I don't think so. Pray as though I believe You will answer. Yes. I pray so! Thank You. Amen.
(1:05 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment