Friday, June 26, 2015

practice Truth

Friday, June 26, 2015 (7:18 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I love You!

Thank You for taking two potentially explosive experiences and turning them into opportunities to once again practice speaking truth in love. Yes Father. Thank You for practice!

Here I sit, reminded that You love us. Looking to You and Your Word I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to teach me more about putting Your teachings into practice. Your Truth, taught by many through the ages, does not change.
(9:26 a.m.)
How I thank You for that.

Scouring Your Word for more about practice, I came across Paul's letter to the Philippian believers. Chapter four, verse nine tells us, “Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.” How I ask that Truth to continue.

Turning to Matthew, under the title The wise and foolish builders I find more of Your Truth. “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock” (Matthew 7:24, New International Version).

Yes Father. Please. I want our house built on You. Our Rock. Be with us this day as we practice Truth. Your Truth. In speaking. In love. In living. In all we feel, are, think and do (Mark 12:30). We love You. Long to serve and honor You. Make it so. In Your power. In Your way.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(253 words ~ 9:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment