Wednesday, June 10, 2015

so much ~ 5/30/15

Saturday, May 30, 2015 (2:15 p.m.)
Lake Donner Shoreline Park
Truckee, CA
Mm... Most Blessed Father God,

Thank You. Praise You. And may I just say, emphatically, “WOW!!” Such beauty. Such pre-modern day (early 20th century) technological engineering skills. Such endearing people. Such delicious food.

Yes. Most emphatically. “WOW!!” Father, You provide us with all these things here on earth, with promises of more to come with You eternally.

It's a concept I can never begin to get my head around. Actually there are two concepts involved there. No. Make that three.

First is eternally. Forever. Never ending. The sheer thought of “without end” stops my thinking cold. As a child, I was scared speechless by any consideration of it. Today I still tend to avoid any thoughts of the magnitude of “always”.

The second aspect of my unknown is far less frightening. Any time I wonder how heaven will ever top all the beautiful, exciting things in this life, I just TRUST. I can't understand it, so I choose to believe it will be absolutely awesome.

Which brings me to number three. All of this ~ with YOU!

Keeping with the theme of these past few days, PSALTY SAYS “What a Great Day!”

Another article from Psalty's Kids Bible (Revelation 19:5) tells us, “Just imagine. Some day we will all be in heaven together [how will we ever all fit?] with Jesus. Some day all people – famous people and ordinary everyday people – will stand in front of God's throne and worship Him. All of us together will sing praises to God... And the joy and praise will go on and on and on – forever! Wow, what a great day that will be! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!”

Truly – my brain does not compute the enormity of it all. Instead, I sit. Awed. Willing to be confounded by the confines of my own imagination.

And right there I start to sing I can only imagine...

Take my thoughts Father. My heart, my soul. All aspects of my being. And make them Yours. Use me to Your good and to Your glory. I love You and I want to know You more. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(372 words ~ 3:24 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment