Friday, June 19, 2015

joy in the Lord

Saturday, June 13, 2015 (8:23 a.m.)
Holy God,

You bless us. With creature comforts. Relationships. Hope. Love. Joy. Would You talk with me again this morning about the joy we are to find in You?

I cannot even begin to thank You for the speed with which You answered that request! One moment I was contemplating laughter and the various verses in which it is mentioned. Searching some of those I came to realize that laughter can hide a lot of distress and sadness.

What was it I was really seeking? Joy. The TRUE joy we can find only in You! Changing the exploration through Your Word I quickly came to tears.

Saul's daughter Michal despised her husband King David's enthusiasm and wholehearted worship as the Ark of the LORD entered his city (2 Samuel 6:16). His response to her is one I long to have in regards to being excited over all You do for us. “I was dancing before the LORD... So I am willing to act like a fool in order to show my joy in the LORD” (v 21).

No comments:

Post a Comment