Friday, June 19, 2015

Intimately!

Monday, June 15, 2015 (6:12 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

I love You. Thank You for the ease with which we are able to address You and tell You our most intimate thoughts and feelings.

Intimate. Close. Bosom. Dear. Cherished. Friendly. Personal. Private. Confidential. Secret. Innermost. Deep. Unspoken.

I love the fact that You know me (Psalm 139). Every single aspect of me. My heart. My soul. My mind. My strength. And because You know me so intimately, You know my flaws. Faults. Failings. And best of all... You are not put off by them. You love me in spite of myself!

Thank You Father. Thank You for being far more than every single thing we need in life. Thank You that we get to look to You for direction. That is exactly what I am asking right now. What direction, in Your Word, would You have us take together this morning?

Thank You Father. Again, I ask and You answer. Reading many New Testament passages, I checked one Old and again find myself in First Chronicles (28:9) with David talking to his son Solomon. Father God, You truly set my heart, soul, mind and strength free with Your Word.

I read David's words to his successor and I imagine myself being advised as well. “And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve Him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek Him, you will find Him. But if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.”

And here again I get to rejoice. Excitedly!

A Serenity Prayer Devotional for this chapter (1 Chronicles 28, The Life Recovery Bible) of Scripture tells me, “Full recovery doesn't stop when our broken parts are repaired. It includes building a new life that is free, full, and rich. Fear of failure, humiliation, or disappointment can keep us from seeking life in all its fullness. It takes courage to dream of the life we truly desire.”

It's like You know me. Intimately! Oh, yeah, You do!

Thank You Father. Continuing on in the devotional, “Just as David dreamed of building a magnificent temple, we can dare to dream of building a magnificent new life. God has the blueprints already drawn up. It's natural to fear that if we allow ourself to hope, we will only be disappointed again or that we might start and fail, suffering public humiliation. But we need only to 'be strong and courageous, and do the work' (20a). We need not be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for 'God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished' (Philippians 1:6).”

You keep working in me Blessed Father. I'll continue showing up, expecting You to do all that only You can do with and in, by, through and for me. You never cease to amaze me. And I am so incredibly grateful for the opportunity to know You. Intimately!

Thank You Father. Bless You. Praise You. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(524 words ~ 8:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment