Friday, June 19, 2015

You do not disappoint

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 (7:17 a.m.)
Awesome Holy God,

You are so good. So kind. Thank You for Your faithfulness. I turn to You. Look to You. Depend on You. And You do not disappoint.

Blessed Father, thank You that we have You to teach us. To count on. To lean into. I confess. I still view myself as relatively new to the concept of trusting You. I have to look hard. Dig deep. Focus my intentions on finding Your Truth to back up my thinking.

Left to my own devices I tend to lean toward worry. Fear. Fretting. Redoubling my own feeble efforts. When I remember to seek You first (Matthew 6:33) Your genuinely calming peace (Philippians 4:7) falls upon me. Thank You Father.

I tend to be a follower. I get what I consider to be very bright ideas. But when all is said and done, I generally fall in line behind others. Again, this is where I look to You.

Even right now. Reading in Your Word, I am leaning heavily between verses in Paul's letter to the church in Rome and Matthew's words to Jewish readers. Romans 5:3-5 (Phillips)

There is not too much to do today. Order is needed. I look to You and ask (Matthew 7:7). I love You. I thank You. I praise You. And I seek You. Thank You Father. Amen.
(227 words ~ 8:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment