Friday, June 19, 2015

origins and opposites

Thursday, June 11, 2015 (7:31 a.m.)
Oh yea, and yea, and yea again!

Blessed Father, thank You! Thank You that once more I turn to You and You delight me. I woke up talking to You. Thanking You. Praising You.

And then I started my day. Irritated. Annoyed. Little hiccups upsetting my apple cart. All the while I looked back to You wondering where we would end up together.

I knew the root of irritant would be involved. As would the antonyms. Father, thank You for teaching me that just because things don't go my way that all is not lost.

You are so good. So much bigger and better than any of the annoyances that come our way. That's exactly what helps me smile as I consider all the petty little things that keep not working the way they are designed.

Argh! It can all be so frustrating. And still I remember to “A-lways R-evere G-od's H-oliness”. Yes. Another helpful alternative to feeling helpless. Something You helped me design for times such as these.

Father, I love You. I love that I get to turn to You and whine, stomp my feet and even growl. Loudly. And You are not put off by my behavior. You love me in spite of myself. Thank You.

Blessed God, how I love looking up the meanings of words. Their origins. And their opposites. I have the slightest little grin on my face right now. It never ceases to amaze me how the smallest upturn of my mouth affects the whole of myself.

My heart, soul and mind tend to bend toward hopefulness just because of the beginning of a smile. Thank You.

Thank You that I can think of words like: irritate, annoy, vex... and then look at their opposites and consider being: pacified, soothed, delighted, pleasured by You.

In looking up irritant, I was taking to irritation. From there we went to irritate. And ultimately the mid 16th century sense of 'excite, provoke'. And with You I just never know where we'll end up.

I smile as I trust You to soothe and pacify me. I delight as I turn in Your Word and in the most unexpected place (Micah 5:2) read of origins and opposites. The prophet Micah was warning Your people “of the destructive consequences of disobedience” and offering “peace to those willing to obey” Your revealed will (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE).

You brought greatness from a place (Bethlehem) the world considered insignificant. Oh and here I smile even bigger!

Reading the RECOVERY COMMENTARY NOTE for Micah 5:1-5 I am reminded, “God uses 'insignificant' people and places to achieve great things. He can take our broken and useless life and turn it into a blessing to others if we let Him.”

Blessed God, how I thank You. Thank You for providing me the freedom to just be who I am. All the mixed up circumstances and what can at times appear as hopeless situations truly can lead to hope. When that hope is in You, Lord. “Out of the confusion and chaos we have created, God can rebuild a world of peace.”

Talk about the ultimate opposite of its origin! Thank You Father. Praise You. Bless You.

Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(556 words ~ 8:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment