Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Psalm 96

Thursday, June 4, 2015 (11:11 a.m.)
Deck Hammock
Tahoe Vista, CA
Blessed, Holy, Loving God,

Thank You. Praise You. Worship and adore You. Such beauty. Such majesty. Such honor and privilege.

Father, how I thank You. I get to sit here. Watching the weather change. Fair. Cloudy. Windy. Clear. And then, all over again.

An expected storm. Quiet strolls. And beauty! Have I adequately expressed my appreciation of the beauty? I think not.

Father, from the clarity of the water to the sound of the birds
(5:54 p.m.)
And just like that ~

I dropped You in a second to go play on the water before the rain came.

I was preparing to sing a new song to You (Psalm 96:1). Truly. A hymn entitled Adoration I don't think I've ever sung before.

It references Psalm 96:9. “Worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness.” This is what I had planned. I had even started.

Oh, but then, the chance to play. I got sidetracked. Caught up. And now I'm grumbling instead. All things did not go to my liking. As my mom would [and DID on many occasions] say, I got my nose out of joint.

I've come to You asking that You would reset me! Turning again to Psalm 96, I am to sing to You. Let the whole earth sing to You!

It seems that's what these birds do. I am to sing and bless Your name. “Each day proclaim the good news that He saves” (v. 2).

Most Holy God, thank You that You do indeed save us. Thank You that we are to 'tell of the amazing things You do (3). You are great and most worthy of praise! You are to be revered above all gods' (4).

You are worthy. Holy. Mighty. And I am made in Your image (Genesis 1:26). I am not representing You well right now.

I am sulking. Withdrawn. Shutting down. Closing off. I confess my self-inflicted seclusion to You. I ask You to do in and with my stinky attitude that which I am unwilling to do on my own.

I look to You. To Your Word. Even to the new song I was so much earlier prepared to sing to You. A section of the second verse speaks of fearing not to enter Jesus' presence in our poverty.

♫Bearing no gifts to present as your own. Bring truth in its beauty and love in its purity – these are the off'rings to lay at His Throne

Blessed Father, truth in its beauty and love in its purity. Work them in me that I would stop being the brat I am being.

I love You far too much to behave this badly. There is WAY too much beauty to be spoiled by a stinky attitude. Take the truth of my behavior and turn it into something beautiful. Purify my love for You that it would genuinely reflect Your glory. Let me worship You as I sincerely desire. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(512 words ~ 6:29 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment