Thursday, June 18, 2015

"As a man thinketh..."

Friday, June 5, 2015 (8:21 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Holy, Loving Father God,

I owe You a debt for which there is no end. A debt of gratitude for the love You have for each of us. Unimaginable, unending love. Father, thank You.

I get to read Your Word. Sing hymns to You. Enjoy the numerous blessings You provide.

Last night I was cranky. Self-absorbed. And I asked You to change my attitude. By leaps and bounds You did. A prism of light from the rain that was falling miles away. Beautiful, jaw dropping colors in the night sky. Just the right amount of awe inspiring dazzle to pull me out of my self-imposed imprisonment.

Father, thank You! Kinder words were not only spoken, but thought as well. “As a man thinketh...”
(11:47 a.m.)

Yes Blessed Father! As a man thinketh indeed. It's taken me hours to find the verse (Proverbs 23:7) of which I was thinking. And it didn't refer to what I thought as I began the search.

In the looking, however, I learned many things. Different search skills than I have had in the past and now, still I ask You to be with me every step of this day.

We are packing up to leave this gloriously, rustic place. I am asking for an ease in our thinkings and our actions. Get each of us on the same page that we will work well in unison

I feel the tears coming on. Happy tears. Tears of joy and contentment. None of sorrow or sadness.

The New American Standard Bible tells me, “For as he thinks within himself, so he is. He says to you, 'Eat and drink!' But his heart is not with you.” Let our hearts truly be with one another. That our outcome with glorify You as our God and King.

Blessed Father, I love You. Far more than any of these feeble words are able to express.

The words for yesterday's A Fruitful Life calendar sum up my heart quite aptly. “Where there is love, there can always be hope. Where there is God, there can always be peace.”

This is exactly what I pray for this day. You. Your love. Your peace. Your hope. Do all You must to align us to Your will and to Your way. I love You so. Use me exactly as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(407 words ~ 12:01 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment