Wednesday, April 30, 2014

strait, not straight

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 (6:08 a.m.)
Holy Father,

Thank You. I came here initially to thank You for successful situations in other people's lives. Instead we've been exploring Matthew 7:13-14.

Thank You for Your guiding. Your leading. Your Word. Your Truth. Your faith. Your hope. Thank You that even in thanking You comes the opportunity to sing out to You. Mm. Thank You.

A good long time was spent finding the correct words to the simple little praise song that began singing in my mind. My Life Is In You, Lord, My strength is in You, Lord My hope is in You, Lord In You, it's in You...

What an honor and a privilege to be able to come before You knowing that You are the source of all I am. Thank You Father. Thank You for the work You have been doing through the years shaping and molding, whittling if You will. Yes. Paring and shaving away the things that don't serve You.

Thank You for the opportunity to sing out to You I will praise You with all of my heart. I will praise You with all of my hope. With all of my life, and all of my strength. All of my hope is in You

It is! I get to come here before You. Not knowing where we'll go together. And the next thing I know, I'm searching Your Word and singing Your praises.

It's You Father to whom we turn when things are scary and out of control. You that causes our hearts to sing out with gladness. Thank You.

Under the heading Being and Doing (Matthew 7:13-14) in The Message I read a very familiar section in a completely different light. Father, after all these years of hearing these verses read aloud I am embarrassed to admit that I have only just now understood.

Other versions and translations say “strait is the gate” (KJ21) or “narrow the gate and straitened the way” (ASV). I know You saw my surprise when all these years later I finally discovered that 'strait' means difficult and is not to be confused with 'straight' [unswerving, without a curve].

Thank You Father. Thank You for making me able to learn.

“Don't look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with surefire, easy formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don't fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life – to God! – is vigorous and requires total attention” (MSG).

Thank You Father. Thank You for keeping me thankful. Thank You for all You have for us to explore or Your strait and narrow way. Continue Your work in making us up to every task You set before us.

I love You Father. I love You and I long to serve You. Well. Make it so Dearest Dad. Make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(489 words ~ 8:02 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment