Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"know the truth"

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 (6:18 a.m.)
“Know the Truth”

What perfect words to see. Completely spelled out. Only my eyes were still closed. I was yet to be fully awake. But they were there none the less. “Know the Truth”. I saw them. In my mind.

Holy God and Father,

Yes. Please. I want to know the Truth. Especially today. When jokes and pranks are known to run supreme. Let me know Your Truth. And let it make me free indeed.

You gave me a freedom yesterday. The Truth that I was again trying to run my own recovery. My own life. That never works! I need Your guidance. Discipline. Truth.
(7:46 a.m.)

Where I had assumed I'd be looking in depth at John's gospel and Jesus' words to His disciples about their knowing truth and it setting them free (8:32) I found myself instead reading the whole of John's second letter.

Blessed God I ask You to use Your Truth in me this day. Grow me. Reading Your Word I believe that You would not only have me know the Truth, but share it as well.

Whether John was writing to an actual woman and her children or a church and its congregants, he was encouraging Your Truth. “To the lady chosen by God and to her children. I truly love all of you. And I am not the only one. All those who know the truth (or 'Good News' about Jesus Christ that joins all believers together) love you in the same way” (2John 1:1b).

“We love you because of the truth – the truth that lives in us. That truth will be with us forever. Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us from God the Father and from His Son, Jesus Christ, as we live in truth and love” (vs.2-3).

He goes on commending her and reminding her that it is Your love that we are to share with others. He warns against false teachers, those who do not know the Truth.

“And now, dear lady, I tell you: We should all love each other. This is not a new command. It is the same command we had from the beginning. And loving means living the way He commanded us to live. And God's command is this: that you live a life of love. You heard this command from the beginning” (5).

Empower and enable me to live a life of love Dearest God. Continue Your work in me that I would truly “know the truth”. Thank You for such a message as this with which to awaken. I love You. I thank You. And I long to please You. Make it so Dearest Daddy. Make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(461 words ~ 8:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment