Monday, April 28, 2014

active doer

Monday, April 28, 2014 (7:30 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

I'm here in the flesh. Somewhat distracted in heart, mind and soul.

Thank You that even this I brought directly back to Your Word. Looking up 'distracted' in The Message I came upon James 1:25.

“But whoever catches a glimpse of the revealed counsel of God – the free life! – even out of the corner of his eye, and sticks with it, is no distracted scatterbrain but a man or woman of action. That person will find delight and affirmation in the action.”

Illustrated Bible Handbook says of this section (James 1:22-25), “God's Word has brought us life. But for the Word 'planted in you' to grow, and so reshape us, we must 'do what it says,' not simply bend over and peer into it. Only by 'doing' will God's promised blessings come.”

A devotional entitled Looking in the Mirror in The Life Recovery Bible refers to Your Word as our spiritual mirror. Thank You that it is here for us to routinely look into. And in so doing I read another translation of the same verse.

But the person who looks intently into the perfect law, the law that provides liberty, and continues in it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an active doer – he will be blessed in his doing.” (MOUNCE)

I ask You to make me an active doer. Not a forgetful hearer. Keep me looking intently into Your law that provides liberty. I long to serve You. To love You as I ought. You are good. You are gracious. And I am grateful.

Thank You for changing my heart right here where I've sat. Bless my choices this day. Make me a bona fide active doer on Your behalf. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(302 words ~ 8:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment