Thursday, April 24, 2014

blessing upon blessing

Thursday, April 24, 2014 (7:04 a.m.)
Holy God and Father,

THANK YOU!

A very slow moving start to this morning. Got up. Took care of some business. Made a few mistakes. And then... blessing upon blessing!

Attempting to wake up. Not quite ready to be here with You. Where else? The internet. And trending news. Ah, but this time You beat me to the punch!

Willie Myric, a not yet 10 year old boy was kidnapped from his Atlanta driveway. Did he cower in fear of his captor? No! He sang. For three hours. Under threat of bodily harm. He sang over and over Hezekiah Walker's Every Praise
(1:23 p.m.)

Father. I cannot tell you how this story and one other have opened my eyes and my heart to the day.

A 100 year old woman was interviewed by the creator of Humans Of New York (HONY). She told how her husband had encouraged her before his death.

When Shirley Hyman asked Moe how she would ever go on without him, he gathered all his energy and told her to take all the love she had for him and spread it around. “A love spread around. There beauty is found.” Mm!

In a nutshell, isn't that what You would have us do with You? Take all the love You've given us and give it away. Spread it around.

Yes Father. That is my request this day. Empower and enable me to spread your love around! I love You so. Help me do it well.

The Message tells us, “So this is my [Paul's] prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately” (Philippians 1:9). Spread it around!

Make it so Dearest Dad. Make it so! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(293 words ~ 1:50 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment